Info & Policies
Dew Tour Des Moines will take place at the Lauridsen Skatepark. The event is FREE to the public.
- If you are feeling sick, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home until you are healthy.
- Please be neighborly and considerate of fellow guests and the requests of Dew Tour staff to manage crowds and keep everyone safe during these times. We want everyone to enjoy the event, please be respectful of the spectator viewing sessions and allow all attendees to enjoy this invite-only finals competition for skateboarding. We thank you in advance!
- Parking is located in the Iowa Events Center parking lot between 3rd Street and 5th Avenue, just north of the convention center. Parking is $10 per car.
- ADA Parking is located in the Iowa Events Center parking lot.
- ADA Dropoff/Pick Up can occur off of 3rd Street at either Park or Center Streets.
- The Entrance is located in Rotary Riverwalk Park (821 W River Dr, Des Moines, IA 50309) adjacent to the Iowa Women of Achievement Bridge, just east of the Wells Fargo Center. The entrance is approximately 7 minutes walking from the parking lot.
- All bags and persons entering the Dew Tour venues are subject to search. Bags larger than 15″ square, i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc. will be prohibited from entry into the venue.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the following items are not allowed at the Dew Tour: any promotional signage, large bags (larger than a standard sized backpack- 17in h x 13in w x 8.5in d), weapons, alcohol, coolers, pets (working animals accepted); folding chairs, drones or any radio controlled equipment, professional filming or photography equipment, large umbrellas, laser-lights, noisemakers, i.e. air-horns; glass bottles, aluminum cans or beverages of any kind in unsealed containers.
- Guests may not bring food or beverages into the venue. Exceptions are factory-sealed plastic bottled water, one liter or smaller. Food or beverages deemed necessary due to a special dietary need, religious requirement or medical condition may be approved in advance by the Guest Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Food for infants is allowed.
- Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the venue or return items to their vehicles. Guest Services will not check-in any food or beverage items.
- Posters and banners of any size are not allowed in the venue.
- There is a self-service bicycle area near the entrance. This area is not staffed and all bicycles must be locked in this area. Bicycles are not allowed beyond the main entrance area. Dew Tour is not responsible for lost or stolen sports equipment of any kind.
- Limited Stroller parking is available adjacent to the viewing area. Strollers are not allowed in the seating areas. Please take all personal items and belongings out of your stroller when leaving it unattended at Stroller parking. Strollers will be left at the risk of the guest.
- Guests must wear shirts and shoes. No bare feet allowed.
- The Dew Tour is a Non-Smoking event. This includes vaping and e-cigarettes of any kind.
- The Dew Tour prohibits the use of any drugs or paraphernalia on site, including cannabis.
- The Dew Tour is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged goods.
- The Dew Tour reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone at any time.
- The Guest Services Tent adjacent to the entrance is the designated meeting place if persons in your party are separated from your family or group.
- No commercial photography is allowed without a Dew Tour press credential. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is prohibited unless authorized prior to arrival. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: Lenses greater than three and one half inches in length, telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. Dew Tour media officials must clear all wireless equipment.
- All existing Lauridsen Skatepark policies may be enforced.
- Skateboarding is allowed onsite, but only in designated areas. Please be mindful or other spectators when skateboarding. All spectators and skateboarders enter the venue at their own risk.
Guest Services Tent
Guest Services is the designated area for all event information and event services. The Dew Tour Guest Services tent is located adjacent to the Main Entrance to Dew Tour. Merchandise will also be sold in this area.
General Ticketing Information
Dew Tour is free and open to the public, however ticket registration is required via the Dew Tour App.
The Lauridsen Skatepark is located at 901 2nd Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309.
Suggested Public Parking is accessed from 3rd Street or 5th Avenue and will be $10, per space, per vehicle. There is no in-and-out parking. There is no overnight parking available. To reference parking locations please visit: catchdesmoines.com/visitor-info/transportation/parking/.
Public Skate Park
Part of the Dew Tour Experience includes a public skate park. This park is open during Dew Tour hours and is located within the venue near the competition courses. There will be capacity regulations and all participants must wear a helmet.
ADA Parking will be readily available in all surrounding parking lots, however the most accessible parking for the event is located in the Iowa Event Center parking lot. Please visit iowaeventscenter.com/plan-your-visit/directions-parking.
ADA Viewing is available at all competition venues. Look for signage or check with Guest Services for more information.
*** Event schedule subject to change without notice!
|Friday, July 29|
|3:00PM – 10:00PM||VENUE OPEN||LAURIDSEN SKATEPARK|
|3:00PM – 9:00PM||DTE OPEN||2ND AVE|
|4:00PM – 4:45PM||Women’s Adaptive Street Final||Street Course|
|5:15PM – 6:00PM||Men’s Adaptive Street Final||Street Course|
|6:50PM – 7:50PM||Women’s Park Final||Park Course|
|8:20PM – 9:35PM||Men’s Street Final||Street Course|
|Saturday, July 30|
|2:00PM – 10:00PM||VENUE OPEN||LAURIDSEN SKATEPARK|
|2:00PM – 9:00PM||DTE OPEN||2ND AVE|
|3:45PM – 4:30PM||Men’s Adaptive Park Final||Park Course|
|5:00PM – 6:00PM||Battle of the Shops||Street Course|
|6:40PM – 7:40PM||Women’s Street Final||Street Course|
|8:15PM – 9:30PM||Men’s Park Final||Park Course|
*** Event schedule subject to change without notice!
Please visit http://www.dewtour.com for the full competition schedule. Please note that not all practices and competitions are open to the public.